Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
PARDA; in tune with its nomenclature, believes that people have a right to a just and equal society. We are committed to making that right a reality for the people on the border lines of Indian society. We work in common cause with the poor people, who have been denied their rights in order to understand, to challenge, and to change their condition and position in society. We do this by clubbing together practical work with advocacy. PARDA believes; its work is strengthened by working in alliance with community-based organizations and people’s organizations to achieve its goals. The most important operational strategy of PARDA has remained in identifying itself with the sections of the population that the organization works with and to let them identify themselves with PARDA, as well. PARDA’s mission is to work alongside some of the poorest and most disadvantaged people in remote and inaccessible parts of Nuapada; to eliminate structural inequalities and impoverishments. Our mission is to ensure their equal access to economic, political, social, cultural, and intellectual resources, and to determine the future that they value to inherit for themselves and have reasons to value. PARDA has been linking itself to different programs:
- Disaster Risk management Program – with a special focus on distress migration.
- Ensuring education to all with a special focus on migrants’ children.
- All programs related to making health facilities available to the marginalized sections of society.
- Awareness on Illiteracy, environmental protection, Consumer, Health, Road safety.
- Women Empowerment through capacity building and training on income generation & entrepreneurship.
- Aims and Objectives:
Vision: To establish a socio-cultural, economic, educational equilibrium among the people in general and the target group in particular in the area of interventions with an emphasis on sustainability.
Mission: To locate and sort out causes hindering the development of the target group and to support development as a catalyst.
Values: Sincerity, Transparency, Objectivity, Accountability.
- To enable the realization of the right of the target group through awareness and linkages with govt. scheme and advocacy.
- To provide financial and other support services to underprivileged households to improve their quality of life.
- To provide service to the target group to meet their immediate needs.
- To empower the target group through leadership development and self-help groups and collectives/ gram sabha.
- To build the capacity of the target group, organization, govt. service providers.
- To mobilize resources – financial, human knowledge, power to realize our objectives.
- To provide opportunities for livelihood and natural resource development.
- Collectives formation: SHGs, Labour, Gramsabha.
- Capacity Building
- Resource Mobilization
Target Group/ Issues:
- Disadvantaged poor women/men:(deprived of services, Ph. Handicapped/enable to works/old, ST/SC/OBC-socio-economic, BPL.)
- Food security- PDS
- Health- nutrition, sanitation, water, pregnant women, adolescent Girls
- Saving and decision making
- Family of migrant Labour:
- Food security
- Social security
- Vocational training/ life skill/ skill up-gradation/ on the job
- Health (sexual and reproductive health)
Geographical Area of Operation: Nuapada district is located between 20.20 North to 21.50 North Latitude and between 82.20 East to 82.90 East Longitude. Nuapada block is bordered by Chhatisgarh State on the North and West; Bargarh district on the Eastern side and Komna block on the South.
PARDA; in tune with its nomenclature, believes that people have a right to a just and equal society. We are committed to making that right a reality for the people on the boarder lines of Indian society.