Consumer Awareness Programme
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Digital Financial Literacy Awareness Programme
As you are aware Government’s recent demonetization and plan to make India a cashless economy. In this regard there is the need to create awareness among the public, especially in rural areas regarding basics of digital financial services. PARDA out of own resources organized Digital Financial Literacy Awareness Programme in all the blocks of Nuapada district of Odisha. About 882 persons were made aware on government policies and digital finance options available for rural people as well as enabling various mechanisms of digital financial services such as IMPS, UPI, Bank PoS machines etc.
AWARENESS ON HALLMARKING OF JEWELRY
During the year, we undertook awareness campaigns through a hired minivan tagging with flex banners, leaflets and posters to educate the consumers on the hallmarking of jewelry. We aim to usher a time where consumers walk into any jewelers store and demand for only hallmarked gold. In this regard, we undertaken awareness campaign in all the blocks of Nuapada district to educate the consumers on hallmarking of jewelry and explained
- Purchase Jewelry only from BIS licensed Jewelers.
- Before purchase, please ensure to check the Purity and fitness bearing BIS hallmark logo on Jewelry
894 public aware on hallmarking of jewelry.
FINANCIAL INCLUSION AWARENESS
During the year, out of own contributions we conducted the Financial Inclusion awareness programme in Nuapada district of Odisha. The aim of the programme is to develop habit of saving, opening of bank accounts for the people residing in rural areas, coverage of families under life Insurance schemes of Govt. and linkages of families in PMSBY, PMJJBY, PMAPY pension schemes. About 823 rural people in hard to reach areas of Nuapada district and SHG members aware.
AWARENESS ON PRADHAN MANTRI JAN DHAN YOJANA
This year, we created huge awareness on Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) out of own resources. We aware to public that it is National Mission for Financial Inclusion programme of Govt. to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, pension in an affordable manner. We educated Bank accounts opened under PMJDY are opened with Zero balance. Awareness made in all our operational villages of Nuapada district of Odisha. 909 public aware/ educated on the scheme.
AWARENESS ON PRADHAN MANTRI SURAKHYA BIMA YOJANA
PARDA aware to rural people in hard to reach areas of Nuapada district on the scheme of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana i.e. PMSBY is a government-backed scheme. It is an Accident Insurance Scheme that offers accidental death and disability cover in case of death or disability due to an accident. This scheme is offered through public sector insurance companies and general insurance companies. 756 rural people aware/ educated on the scheme.
AWARENESS ON PRADHAN MANTRI MUDRA YOJANA
This year we created awareness on Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY). We explained that it is a scheme in which loans upto Rs.10 lakh shall be provide by the Govt. to the non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises. These loans classified as MUDRA loans under PMMY. These, loans provide by Commercial Banks, RRBs, Small Finance Banks, Cooperative Banks, MFIs and NBFCs. The borrower can approach any of the lending institutions mentioned above or can apply online through the web portal under the aegis of PMMY. MUDRA has created three products namely ‘Shishu’, ‘Kishore’ and ‘Tarun’ to signify the stage of growth / development and funding needs of the beneficiary micro unit / entrepreneur and also provide a reference point for the next phase of graduation / growth. About 789 local youths participated in the awareness.
EDUCATION/ AWARENESS ON Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
PARDA aware to rural people of Nuapada district that Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana in short PMJJBY is a purely term insurance policy, which covers only mortality with no investment component and has a life cover of Rs. 2 lakh. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) is a one-year life insurance scheme, renewable from year to year, offering coverage for death. This scheme is offered through public sector banks. 1025 public aware/ educated on the scheme.
CREATED AWARENESS ON MIS & MYTH OF ISI STANDARDS OF PRODUCTS
PARDA created awareness on the mis & myths of ISI standard of products. We explained ISI mark is a mark owned by Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), which was previously called Indian Standards Institution. The product certification scheme operated by BIS uses this isi mark. The ISI mark is applicable only on products. For example, you can have this mark on tangible products such as cables, cement, cookers etc. We created awareness and educated to consumers that
- ISI Mark on a product signifies that the product has been produced and tested in accordance with a well-defined Scheme of testing and Inspection, which is a part of the licensee, granted to a manufacturer for the use of ISI mark, and conforms to the relevant Indian Standard.
- The Manufacturer holding a license for the use of ISI Mark pays to BIS the Marketing Fee in short called Royalty.
- The Manufacturer who is producing a quality product, which we mean a product conforming to the national standard, adding the third party certification in the form of ISI Mark that the Manufacturer is committed to produce quality goods by using appropriate quality raw materials/ components.
- The BIS Certification scheme operates based on the scheme of testing and inspection, which prescribes, among other things, frequencies at which various tests are to be carried out by the manufacturer.
- We have educated 764 consumers.
AWARENESS ON FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS, INSURANCE POLICIES AND MUTUAL FUNDS
During the year, we created huge awareness as well as educated to public on safety measures followed while executing financial transactions, purchase of insurance policies and mutual funds. As part of the program we made awareness on …..
- Do not disclose Internet Banking Login ID, Password, PIN to other.
- Do not disclose Debit card / Credit card Number, PIN, CVV, Verify by Visa password to any one.
- Do not disclose Account number, Customer ID, Email-Id, Email Password, Mobile Number through any Email, Phone call, Website or Mobile App.
- Read carefully the terms and conditions laid down while purchase of any insurance policies and investments made in mutual funds.
1145 public made aware on the above said themes.
PARDA; in tune with its nomenclature, believes that people have a right to a just and equal society. We are committed to making that right a reality for the people on the boarder lines of Indian society.